Whether you’re hosting for the big game or just want to feed a crowd easily, this Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Avocados recipe will make you the MVP! With healthy fats and protein, you’ll be satisfied long after the last whistle. Can’t find ready to eat buffalo chicken salad? You can always take your favorite chicken salad recipe and substitute some buffalo sauce for some of the mayonnaise. For an even easier hack, just stir in buffalo sauce to a prepared chicken salad. It is sure to be saucy and delicious!
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 cup buffalo chicken salad
- 2/3 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 green onion, sliced
- ½ cup cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Cut avocados in half and discard pit. Place avocados in an oven-safe baking dish.
- Spoon chicken salad on top of avocado halves and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Bake for three to five minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Place avocados on a serving tray and garnish with green onion and cilantro.
Join the keto craze with this shell-free version of a taco – just the right amount of spice to balance out the creamy goodness in the avocados. Swap the ground meat for tempeh or any protein of your choice to make this a veggie dish.
Keto Avocado Tacos
- 1 tablespoon Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil
- 1 pound ground bison (or any ground meat of your choice)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons keto-friendly taco seasoning
- 3 avocados
- 1 medium tomato
- 6 tablespoons queso blanco or feta cheese crumbles
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 2 limes, juiced
- 4 tablespoons Primal Kitchen Mayo with Avocado Oil
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon avocado oil. Add ground meat and cook until browned, breaking up any big chunks as it cooks. Season with salt, pepper and taco seasoning. Drain on towel-lined plate.
- Dice tomatoes. In a small bowl, add mayo and juice from 1 lime. Stir together until combined. Cut avocados in half, removing the pits. Spritz with lime juice to prevent them from browning.
- Plate the avocados and spoon about 1/4 cup of meat on each halved avocado. Top with a sprinkle of diced tomatoes, about a tablespoon of queso blanco (if using), a bit of chopped cilantro, and the creamy lime sauce.