Online Shopping is HERE!
In an effort to provide our customers with the most convenient and flexible shopping experience, we are thrilled to announce that Rising Tide Market is now offering online shopping!
If you are currently a Grateful Card holder, please DO NOT REGISTER FOR A NEW ACCOUNT. Use your existing contact information to set up your account. Create a password and your information will be automatically linked to your grateful card. You are ready to start shopping!
If you DO NOT HAVE A GRATEFUL CARD, register for an account and your information will be saved for future orders.
Please be advised, this tool will eventually replace our current RT Text that is used for curbside orders. We ask for your patience as we navigate this new shopping experience, and we welcome your feedback. For the best shopping experience, we recommend using a computer.
For shopping instructions, please click here.
Getting the Plant Sterols You Need with Wiley’s Finest® Bold Heart
Did you know that over 100 million Americans have high cholesterol and many don’t know it?
Cholesterol problems can affect anyone, regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, and family history, but because high cholesterol typically can’t be felt, many people don’t even realize their levels are high. Fortunately, there is now an effective tool to help you get even better results on top of choosing healthier foods and exercise.
Wiley’s Finest® Bold Heart is a unique and natural solution for cholesterol management unlike anything else on the market. A simple combination of North American pine tree sterols and water, Wiley’s Finest® Bold Heart delivers 2000 mg of plant sterols per serving in a vegan solution for heart health.
*Plant sterols are compounds that exist naturally in plants like nuts and seeds, and they promote healthy cholesterol levels and heart health. By replacing the cholesterol from food in our intestines, plant sterols help to effectively lower cholesterol by making sure we absorb less of it. The National Institutes of Health recommend a daily intake of 2000 mg of plant sterols per day for natural cholesterol management. The problem is most people are only getting 200-400 mg of plant sterols per day in their regular diet because keeping a diet with enough plant sterols per day is hard.
Now you can help fill the gap in your daily plant sterol needs with Wiley’s Finest® Bold Heart. Delivering a highly concentrated 2000 mg of plant sterols in a convenient, single-serving stick pack, Wiley’s Finest® Bold Heart ensures you’re getting the beneficial amount of plant sterols you need every day for natural, effective cholesterol management.
Clinically proven to lower LDL cholesterol in as little as four weeks, Wiley’s Finest® Bold Heart can be easily mixed with food and liquids, both hot and cold. The formula is made with NSF certified Non-GMO North American pine tree plant sterols and validated as Vegan by the Vegetarian Society.
Already taking medication to manage your cholesterol? Plant sterols can still help. Studies have shown adding 2000 mg of plant sterols to a healthy diet, exercise, and cholesterol-lowering medication has additional benefits for your cholesterol and heart health.
Wiley’s Finest® Bold Heart is available in an unflavored, one-month supply of 30 stick packs.
Disclaimer: This information is provided for educational purposes only. It is not intended as medical advice. Always consult your healthcare provider for medical advice.
Note: If you take Zetia®, also known as Ezetimibe, taking plant sterols are not recommended.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Now is the perfect time to explore potential benefits of the various supplements available. Our expert staff put together the top eight immune boosting essentials to take the guesswork out of choosing the right ones. If you have any questions just ask the supplement staff in the store!
Many of us already know that most citrus fruits contain a ton of Vitamin C, which is necessary for the growth, development and repair of body tissues. And though Grapefruit is packed with this immune-boosting vitamin, it also has a multitude of other health benefits. Rich in nutrients, antioxidants and fiber, Grapefruit is one of the healthiest (and lowest calorie) citrus fruits available.
Studies have shown that consuming Grapefruit has a multitude of potential benefits, including:
- Controlling appetite and aiding in weight loss
- Protecting against inflammation and several infectious diseases, due to the abundance of Vitamin A
- Providing small amounts of B vitamins, zinc, copper and iron, which all work together to promote immune system function, and maintain healthy skin
Grapefruit is in season in the winter, peaking between November and May. The average lifespan of a grapefruit tree is approximately 50 years.
Grapefruit may interact with certain medications, so it’s important to talk to your health care provider before consuming any grapefruit products.
With the abundance of winter squash available, you might wonder the best (or perhaps easiest) ways to prepare the many varieties. Read on for the simplest roasting and cooking methods. You can also follow our guide to learn more about the plentiful squash available now at RT. When picking your squash, they should be heavy for their size and have a dull appearance. They should also be firm to the touch with no soft spots, bruises or cuts. If squash are cut, the flesh should have a moist appearance.
How to cook squash in the oven:
- Bake a smaller squash whole by piercing the skin with a knife in several places or by cutting it in half and removing the seeds and fibers. Place it whole, or halves with cut sides up, in an ungreased baking pan or dish.
- If baking halves, add about 1/4-inch water to the pan. Dot squash halves with butter, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 to 60 minutes, depending on the size and variety of the squash. Cool slightly.
- If whole, cut open and remove seeds and fibers after baking. Remove skin.
How to cook squash on the stove-top:
- Peel squash, and cut into 1-inch cubes or slices.
- To boil, cover and cook in 1-inch boiling water 10 to 15 minutes or until tender.
- To steam, place steamer basket in ½-inch water in saucepan or skillet; add squash. Cover tightly and heat to boiling; reduce heat to low. Steam cubes seven to 10 minutes, for slices steam 12 to 15 minutes.
Read more about how to prepare squash
We’ve watched with pride as our customers adjusted to new circumstances, texted in their shopping lists, and never, ever gave up their desire to live their best, healthiest lives. Take your efforts one step further by supplementing with some of our top picks for immune support and virus protection.
- My Community by Host Defense: Mushrooms = immunity! We are long-time proponents of this blend of 17 potent mushroom species designed to balance the immune system.
- Zinc: An abundance of studies over the last 50 years point to the power of zinc to protect against many different viruses.
- Vitamin C: A potent antioxidant that contributes to immune defense. Don’t leave home without it.
- Vitamin D3: Decreased vitamin D has been linked with susceptibility to infection, and a recent study out of Northwestern University links Vitamin D3 levels with COVID-19 mortality.
- Monolaurin —Made from lauric acid (a component of both coconut fat and breast milk), Monolaurin is commonly used to prevent the common cold, flu, and other viral infections.
- C&F Seasonal Support by Woostock Herbal Products: Our favorite herbal immune support blend, featuring elderberry, goldenseal, licorice root, osha root, garlic bulb and more.
- Olive leaf extract: Antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and a must-have for immunity support.