Join the keto craze with this shell-free version of a taco – just the right amount of spice to balance out the creamy goodness in the avocados. Swap the ground meat for tempeh or any protein of your choice to make this a veggie dish.
Keto Avocado Tacos
- 15 MIN
- SERVES 6
- 1 tablespoon Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil
- 1 pound ground bison (or any ground meat of your choice)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons keto-friendly taco seasoning
- 3 avocados
- 1 medium tomato
- 6 tablespoons queso blanco or feta cheese crumbles
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 2 limes, juiced
- 4 tablespoons Primal Kitchen Mayo with Avocado Oil
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon avocado oil. Add ground meat and cook until browned, breaking up any big chunks as it cooks. Season with salt, pepper and taco seasoning. Drain on towel-lined plate.
- Dice tomatoes. In a small bowl, add mayo and juice from 1 lime. Stir together until combined. Cut avocados in half, removing the pits. Spritz with lime juice to prevent them from browning.
- Plate the avocados and spoon about 1/4 cup of meat on each halved avocado. Top with a sprinkle of diced tomatoes, about a tablespoon of queso blanco (if using), a bit of chopped cilantro, and the creamy lime sauce.