This superfood stuffing bursts with wholesome ingredients, in addition to that traditional stuffing taste that you already love.
- Serves 8
- 2 Hrs
- 1 loaf (1 pound) sprouted bread*
- 6 tablespoons Dr. Bronner’s Regenerative Organic Coconut Oil
- 2 large sweet yellow onions, minced
- 4 celery stalks, minced
- 2 tablespoons (packed) minced fresh thyme
- 2 1/3 cups of vegetable stock
- 1/3 cup dried goji berries
- 2/3 cup hemp seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
*Gluten-free bread may be substituted if desired.
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Tear bread into 1/2-inch to 1-inch pieces, and spread onto a baking sheet. Bake 1 hour, tossing once or twice midway through, until bread is golden and toasted. Remove bread from the oven to cool. Turn heat to 425°F.
- Warm coconut oil over a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the onions and celery. Cook until softened, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Mix in thyme and cook 1 minute longer.
- Transfer contents of the pan to a large mixing bowl. Pour in vegetable broth. Add salt and pepper. Combine.
- Add toasted bread, goji berries, and hemp seeds, and toss well. Transfer mixture to a 12″ by 9″ baking dish. Press down lightly, creating an even layer. If any goji berries are exposed, press down to submerge into stuffing to avoid burning.
- Cover the dish tightly with foil. Bake for 30 minutes. Then, remove foil and bake uncovered for 10-15 minutes, or until top of the stuffing has browned.