We love a cool pasta salad number in the summer! Serve this simple dish as a side for a zingy contribution to a pot luck or prepare it as a main course, adding grilled chicken or another protein to elevate it.This pasta salad combines fresh ingredients with elements you likely already have in the cupboard, like chickpeas and olives. It’s the perfect recipe to have on hand if you’re looking for a make-ahead recipe to bring along to a backyard barbecue.
35 MIN · SERVES 6-8 · VEGETARIAN · DAIRY-FREE
- 16 ounces rotini pasta
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ small red onion, julienned
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and sliced
- 1 – 15 ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup mixed olives, whole or halved
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Cook pasta based on the package instructions. Set aside to cool.
- Place prepared vegetables in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk together vinaigrette ingredients until emulsified.
- Toss pasta with prepared vegetables, olives, chickpeas, and vinaigrette. Adjust seasoning to taste and serve.