Take a caprese salad to the next level. These juicy melons and ripe tomatoes are at their peak, so you don’t need much to make them shine. With prosciutto and melon, this caprese salad can serve as a lunch all on its own or pair nicely as a side dish for your next celebratory dinner.
Total time: 25 minutes
- 2 ½ pounds cantaloupe
- 1 pint cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 8 ounces mozzarella, halved
- 6 slices prosciutto, torn
- ¾ ounce Basil, stemmed
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- pinch of sea salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- Whisk dressing ingredients together until emulsified. Set aside.
- Cut melon in half and remove seeds. Use a melon baller to scoop the fruit or peel and chop into bite-sized pieces.
- To assemble, arrange melon, tomatoes, mozzarella, and prosciutto on a serving vessel. Drizzle dressing over salad and garnish with basil. Serve promptly.