A piece of cake — Not only is this recipe that simple, you’ll also be left with one! It’s easy to make this grain free dessert look elegant; add a dusting of powdered sugar and top with sliced almonds for a dainty finish. This cake is so light you’ll find it the perfect addition to any meal: breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- Grain Free
- Gluten Free
- 45 min
- Serves 4
- 11 1/2 cups of finely ground almond flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup cane sugar*
- 1/4 cup sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
* Substitute coconut flour for tapioca flour for a low carb option.
* Substitute a keto friendly sweetener for cane sugar for a low carb option.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease an eight-inch round cake pan and line with parchment paper.
- Whisk together dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, oil and almond extract.
- Combine the two bowl’s ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and sprinkle on sliced almonds.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes. Let cake cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan.