With baked sweet potato puree and that healthy pantry of canned tuna, these easy mini tuna cakes are an elegant meal solution for lunch or dinner. Serve on a bed of greens or simply with lemon wedges.
1 HR · SERVES 2
- ½ medium sized sweet potato
- 1 can (5 ounces) Wild Planet Albacore Wild Tuna, undrained
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- ¼ up shredded carrot
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut a sweet potato in half lengthwise and place one half flat side down on the parchment paper.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until the sweet potato half is soft when tested with a fork.
- Scoop out the inside of the sweet potato half into a bowl and add the Wild Planet Albacore Wild Tuna, egg, breadcrumbs, green onion, carrot, lemon zest, parsley, and black pepper. Mix until combined, lightly breaking up the tuna while mixing.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Shape about ¼ cup of the tuna mixture into a small round cake and cook in the heated frying pan for two to three minutes on each side or until golden brown. Repeat with the rest of the tuna mixture.