Whether you’re stocking up for a winter of hot cocoa or you want to make a homemade gift your host will actually use, this hot cocoa drink mix is sure to please. You can scale this recipe up or down depending on how much cocoa you need. For the perfect holiday gift, make a double or triple batch and use decorative jars to elevate this simple homemade treat into a welcome gift. Make sure you include short instructions for your recipient!
Makes 10-14 cups
Total time: 5 minutes
- 1 ¼ cups unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 2 tablespoons organic cornstarch, sifted
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Whisk together all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl until thoroughly combined.
- Store cocoa mix in an airtight container until ready to use.
- To serve, heat 1 cup milk of your choice with 2-3 tablespoons of drink mix until hot.