Chocolate covered strawberries look impressive, but the flavors of chocolate and orange are a classic combination that shouldn’t be forgotten this time of year. With peak season citrus and a dash of flaky sea salt, these chocolate sea salt mandarin oranges will be bursting with juicy flavor. They’re super easy to make, and you’ll get credit for a homemade Valentine’s gift. You can turn to this recipe year-round whenever you want to impress or have an abundance of citrus on hand.
Total Time: 20 minutes
Vegetarian Grain-Free, Gluten-Free
- 4 mandarin oranges, peeled and segmented
- 2 ounces chocolate
- 1 ½ teaspoons avocado oil
- Flake sea salt
- Place chocolate and avocado oil in a microwave-safe bowl and heat at 30 second intervals until melted, stirring frequently.
- Dip orange segments in melted chocolate and place on parchment paper.
- Sprinkle flake sea salt over chocolate and chill in refrigerator for 10 minutes.