Spring is coming and it’s time to throw open the windows and let out that stale winter air. As you start gathering your supplies and getting down to spring cleaning, reach for this more sustainable alternative to harsh chemicals. You may just have these ingredients at home already! This recipe utilizes citrus scraps, imparting their fragrant oils to the solution’s antimicrobial, vinegar base. So, start saving the peels from whatever citrus fruit you may be munching on and bring some freshness to your home!
Makes 5 Cups
To Use: Shake bottle gently and spray onto surfaces.
- 1 cup white vinegar
- Citrus peel from 4 oranges
- 4 cups water
- 15 drops lemon essential oil
- Place citrus peel and vinegar in a glass jar, close and allow to infuse for two weeks.
- Strain vinegar and discard citrus peel.
- Combine infused vinegar with water, castile soap and essential oil.
- Store finished cleaner in spray bottles.