For all our vegan friends out there, we’ve got your back this holiday season! We checked in with Alyson, our Assistant Store Manager (and one of Rising Tide’s resident vegans) to see what ingredients she uses to make all the magic happen for her family on Christmas.
Here are some vegan MUST-HAVES…from Alyson’s holiday table to yours:
- Earth Balance sticks (for baking)
- Miyoko’s Coconut Butter (for garlic bread using roasted garlic and fresh-baked baguettes from Rising Tide)
- Miyoko’s Alpine and Rustic nut cheeses (for a cheese plate)
- Organic asparagus, Miyoko’s Fresh Mozzerella, and Upton’s Naturals Seasoned Seitan for a Vegan Lasagna (Alyson riffs on this recipe by adding organic asparagus and the organic seitan)
- Organic peppers, onion and garlic (for this Tempeh Sausage Puffed Pastry appetizer)
- Organic blueberries for a Vegan Blueberry Crumble
- Dandies vegan marshmallows (for vegan hot chocolate)
- Almond Milk Holiday Nog from Califia Farms
- From the Rising Tide Deli: Vegan Spring Rolls, Vegan Crabcakes, Rosie’s Vegan Blackout Cake
If you have any questions about how to “veganize” your traditional holiday favorites, just ask! We have all kinds of ideas for simple swaps that’ll make your holiday meet YOUR needs.