Chewy and chocolatey, these Vegan Crispy Bars will delight the whole family—whether or not they’re vegan. Melt the peanut butter, syrups, and vanilla together over medium/low heat and pour over rice cereal. Press into a pan and top with silky, melted chocolate. Finish with shredded coconut and you’ll have a treat as good as grandma’s in no time. The most difficult part is waiting until they’ve cooled to dig in!
- Vegan, Gluten-Free
- 1hr 20 min
- Serves 6-8
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter, unsalted
- 2/3 cup brown rice syrup
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups rice cereal 1 ½ cups vegan bittersweet chocolate chips 1 tablespoon neutral oil 3 tablespoons shredded coconut
- In a 6-quart pot, melt together peanut butter, syrups, and vanilla on medium low heat. Stir in cereal.
- Spread mixture in a parchment lined 9″ by 9″ pan and press down flat.
- Melt chocolate with oil and spread over bars. Sprinkle with coconut and chill until set, about 1 hour.