Bright citrus and tropical coconut combine for the best way to welcome spring or celebrate #PiDay! March is a great month to transition to lighter recipes with minimal prep, so you can start to enjoy longer days outside! With a ready-made crust, you just whisk eggs and sweetened condensed milk to create a simple custard mixture. The coconut variety of sweetened condensed milk adds to the flavor of the pie, but you can substitute a traditional sweetened condensed milk with a teaspoon of coconut extract. The fresh juice and zests kick up the flavor on this quick and impressive dessert.
Total time: 45 minutes
- 1 prepared graham cracker pie crust
- 4 egg yolks
- 14 ounces sweetened coconut condensed milk
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/3 cup tangerine juice
- 1 teaspoon tangerine zest
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- Whipped cream
- Toasted coconut
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Whisk together egg yolks, sweetened condensed milk, juices, and zest until incorporated.
- Pour mixture gently into prepared crust and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake pie for 22 minutes or until just set. Allow pie to cool completely before serving.
- Serve with whipped cream and toasted coconut.