This sheet pan recipe checks all the boxes: it’s seasonal, features fresh flavors, and can be made ahead to enjoy later! Add it to your collection of recipes for weeknights and let yourself be impressed with its ease and deliciousness. This recipe can be adapted to utilize vegetarian sausage if that’s more your style. Whatever your choice, it’ll go in the oven on the sheet pan to roast along with the Brussels sprouts and potatoes until they achieve caramelized perfection. Finish them off with a drizzle of the zippy mustard dressing, complete with fresh herbs and smoked almonds. Save the sauce to dress up your meals the rest of the week and boom! This recipe just revolutionized the week.
Total time: 45 min
- 1 pound whole sausages
- 1 pound small red potatoes, halved*
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, halved
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup smoked almonds, sliced
* Potatoes should not be more than twice the size of the brussels sprouts for even cooking.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Place sausages, potatoes, and Brussels sprouts on a sheet pan and drizzle on 3 tablespoons olive oil, toss to coat. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Place in oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until vegetables are tender and sausages are cooked to 165ºF, turning over halfway through cooking.
- Remove sausages and vegetables from the oven and transfer to a serving dish, if desired.
- Drizzle on sauce and sprinkle with almonds.