This dish is the perfect weeknight highlight! It comes together quickly, and you can utilize the veggies you have on hand to make a tasty noodle bowl. Boil the noodles, chop the vegetables, whisk together the dressing and you’re nearly there! Buckwheat noodles are packed with protein, but if you’re looking for more, then adding chicken, shrimp or tofu would pair well with these flavors, too. The customizability of this meal makes it perfect for a household of varying diets or preferences.
Total time: 25 minutes
- 8 ounces buckwheat or soba noodles
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 2 cups chopped greens, such as arugula or spinach
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Prepare noodles based on the package instructions, drain and cool.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients until well combined.
- Toss noodles with vegetables and remaining ingredients.