We can’t wait to make this Salted Nut Tart for our friends and family this holiday season! It’s jam packed with the tastiest ingredients, like semisweet chocolate, salted nuts, and coconut milk blanketing a crust of crushed pretzels. Not only do these ingredients form the ultimate combo of sweet and salty, you may already have them in your kitchen! The ingenious pretzel crust ensures you don’t have to deal with a finnicky dough and shortens the preparation process so you can indulge all the more quickly. You won’t want to miss out on this simple and delicious dessert!
Total time: 2 hours, 30 min
- 4 ounces pretzel twists
- 1 ½ tablespoons cane sugar
- 4 tablespoons plant-based butter, melted
- 1 ½ cups chopped semisweet chocolate
- ¾ cup regular coconut milk
- ¾ cup salted mixed nuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place pretzels in a food processor and run until crumbs form.
- Place crumbs in a mixing bowl and mix in sugar and melted butter until thoroughly incorporated. Put crumbs mixture in a 7-inch tart pan, forming the edges of the crust first by pressing into place then press remaining mixture evenly over the bottom of the pan.
- Bake tart crust for 12 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool.
- Heat coconut milk in a small saucepan just to the boiling point and pour over chopped chocolate, cover. After a few minutes, stir until smooth. Reserve ¼ cup for garnishing and pour remaining into tart shell. Chill filled tart for at least 2 hours before proceeding.
- Sprinkle nuts over the top of the chocolate layer and drizzle with reserved chocolate. Chill for an additional hour before serving.