This vegan recipe is a great way to utilize ingredients you already have on hand by working it into a custom meal solution! Incorporate the fresh veggies and bold flavors of this tofu dish with the rice or quinoa you have in your pantry for a tasty grain bowl. Serve it as a side with your favorite sandwich for an easy lunch or, better yet, slap it between two slices of bread and make it into a sandwich itself! Get creative and make this Curried Tofu your way.
- 45 Min
- Serves 4
- 2 pounds of extra firm tofu, cubed
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 large carrot, peeled and grated
- 4 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1/4 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups vegan mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Whisk together oil, spices, and salt in a medium-size bowl.
- Toss cubed tofu with half of the spice mixture until evenly coated.
- Place tofu on a baking sheet and cook for 40 minutes or until lightly crisp. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, toss vegetables with the other half of the spice mixture; coat evenly.
- Toss vegetables, vegan mayo and tofu together until well mixed.