For a simple dinner that feels fancy, embrace the flavors of fall with this elegant pasta!
- Gluten Free
- Serves 4
- 1/2 cup organic pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh sage leaves
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 pound peeled and cubed butternut squash (about 4 cups)
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup Bob’s Red Mill® Nutritional Yeast
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 pound gluten free linguine pasta
- In a large pot, toast pumpkin seeds over medium heat. Remove and set aside. In the same pot, bring olive oil to a simmering heat and fry the sage leaves for 2-3 minutes, until a bit darker and crispy. Remove and pat off excess oil with cloth.
- For sauce, add shallots to oil and saute for 2-3 minutes. Add garlic and cook additional 2 minutes. Add tomato paste and paprika and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add squash and vegetable broth to pot. Bring to a boil, then return to a simmer. Cover and cook for 30 minutes, until squash is fork tender.
- Meanwhile, in another pot, cook the pasta until al dente according to directions. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water to thin the sauce as needed.
- Add the blender and blend sauce smooth. Stir in nutritional yeast and season to taste. Combine pasta and sauce. Thin with reserved pasta water if needed. Garnish with fried sage and toasted pumpkin seeds.