Don’t worry about executing the perfect flapjack flip, this pumpkin pancake cooks in the oven! It’s pretty enough for brunch and homey enough for a lazy Sunday morning.
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour
- 2 tablespoon Sugar
- 2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 cup Milk or Dairy Free Milk
- 1/2 cup of canned Pumpkin Puree
- 3 tablespoon Butter or Dairy Free Alternative, melted and divided
- 3 Eggs, or Egg Substitute to equal 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar
- Whipped Cream and Chopped Pecans for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425° F. Place a 9-inch cast iron skillet in the oven.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Whisk until well blended.
- Next add milk, pumpkin puree, 2 tablespoons melted butter, eggs and apple cider vinegar to the flour mixture. Whisk until combined.
- Place the remaining butter in the heated cast iron skillet, swirling to cover the bottom of the pan. Pour in batter and bake for 20 minutes, or until pancake is golden brown and cooked through. Serve warm with optional garnish, powdered sugar, butter and syrup.