We love the versatility this Oatmeal Bake offers! Make it for the family brunch one weekend or portion it out for an easily reheated breakfast throughout the week. Serve it with your favorite yogurt dolloped on top, a splash of cream or with a fruit compote to jazz it up however you like best! Think of this recipe as the perfect canvas for a healthy, wintry breakfast creation.
- Gluten Free
- 50 Min
- Serves 4-6
- 2 1/4 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats (gluten-free)
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, honey, egg, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Allow mixture to stand for 10 minutes.
- Stir in melted butter until incorporated. Stir in oats then set aside for 20 minutes to allow oats to absorb some of the milk.
- Place mixture in an oven-safe baking dish and sprinkle on nuts.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until center is set and top is golden.
- Serve warm with fresh seasonal fruit and a drizzle of honey.