As the school year winds up again, delight your kids with these cute Nut Butter and Jelly Bars in their lunch boxes! Perfect for a lunchtime treat or an after-school snack, these bars play on the classic PBJ flavor combination that your family already loves. They even include a handful of nuts or trail mix to add a satisfying crunch and a little extra protein! Delicately sweet and with a crumbly texture, these bars are a lovely reimagination of a childhood comfort.
Total time: 1 hr 5 min
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, cold
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats
- ⅔ cup nut mix or trail mix
- ¾ cup nut butter
- ¾ cup fruit jam
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix flour, brown sugar, and salt together in a large mixing bowl. Cut in butter until a coarse meal forms.
- Stir in oats and press a little more than half of this mixture in a parchment-lined 9×13 inch baking sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Dollop nut butter and jam onto crust.
- Stir in nut mix or trail mix with remaining oat mixture and sprinkle over the top and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool completely before cutting.