Welcome a little festivity into your home and celebrate the colors of spring by dyeing eggs with ingredients found right in your kitchen.
- 1 quart water
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- Hard boiled eggs
- For pink eggs: 2 medium beets, shredded or 2 tablespoons beet powder
- For blue eggs: ½ small red cabbage
- For orange eggs: 4 yellow onion skins
- For yellow eggs: 2 tablespoons ground turmeric
- Place water and one natural coloring agent into a 2-quart pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15-30 minutes. Cool mixture and strain each mixture into a separate bowl using a fine sieve. Stir in vinegar.
- Place hard boiled eggs into respective dyes for 20 minutes, longer for deeper color.