With an alpine cheese and crispy roasted veggies, this is the kind of snack turned meal we can get behind. Is draping gruyere over roasted veggies the adult version of broccoli and cheese sauce? We think it’s just as good. Include a few pickles to add a zingy bite.
Total time: 45 minutes
- 8 ounces sliced gruyere cheese
- 4 large red potatoes, halved or quartered
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, woody stems removed and cut in half
- 4 sliced sourdough bread, toasted
- 4 ounces mild or spicy salami slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Toss potatoes with olive oil on a large baking sheet. Season lightly with salt and pepper and roast for 25 minutes or until almost golden in color. Add asparagus and return pan to over for five more minutes.
- Arrange potatoes, asparagus, and salami on serving plates or on toasted bread. Set oven to a low broil and heat cheese on parchment-lined baking sheet until melted. Place melted cheese on top of the rest of the ingredients. Serve promptly.