Grain bowls make a quick and healthy dinner that can be customized anyway you love! This recipe utilizes a base of farro, an ancient grain bursting with protein, antioxidants, and a nutty flavor. The rich flavor of farro is brightened by homemade dressing of lemon, garlic, and fresh tarragon before it’s topped with fresh veggies straight from the grill.
Total time: 45 min
- 1 cup farro
- 4 cups cold water
- 2 ears of corn, shucked
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 2 red bell peppers, quartered
- ½ small red onion, finely julienned
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a medium stockpot, add farro, water, and a pinch of salt. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes or until grain is tender. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Prepare vegetables and toss with three tablespoons olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Meanwhile, whisk together dressing ingredients until emulsified. Set aside.
- On a preheated grill, place vegetables and grill three minutes per side or until desired doneness. Cut kernels off cobs after grilling.
- Toss farro with dressing, adjust seasonings, and place on a serving platter. Arrange grilled vegetables and red onions over the top and serve.