This classic lasagna is a hearty vegetarian meal for chilly days. Don’t be intimidated by the 90-minute recipe. Most of that time is hands off—the cheese is getting nice and bubbly in the oven.
Total Time: 90 minutes
- 9 ounces jovial Gluten Free Brown Rice Lasagna
- 2 jars jovial Crushed Tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dry basil
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 12 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt to taste
- In a medium bowl, mix tomatoes, oil, garlic powder, spices, and salt to taste.
- In another bowl, combine eggs and ricotta cheese.
- Cover the bottom of a 9×13” lasagna pan with 1 cup of the tomato mixture.
- Arrange four uncooked lasagna noodles in the bottom of the pan and spread ⅓ of ricotta mixture on top.
- Cover with 1 cup of the tomato mixture, ¾ cup of mozzarella, and ¼ cup of Parmesan cheese.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 two times.
- Layer the top with remaining noodles, tomato, mozzarella, and Parmesan cheese.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake at 375°F for 50 minutes.
- Uncover and pat down the noodles gently to flatten the top. Bake uncovered for 10 minutes until brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.