September is ‘Fermentation Month at Rising Tide Market! Are you wondering how to fit more ferments into your daily routine? If you’re not thinking “fermented” at meal and snack time, you could be missing out on the many health benefits of fermentation. Try these tasty ideas (courtesy of our friends at Natural Factors) to sneak in fermented supplements, foods and beverages any time of day.
- Stir in a scoop. Add a serving of a powdered, fermented plant protein and greens supplement to oatmeal or a smoothie bowl. In In honor of Fermentation Month, Rising Tide has Whole Earth & Sea Protein & Greens ON SALE now for $44.99 (regularly $59.99).
- Rethink breakfast. Take a cue from Korean tradition, which commonly includes kimchi with every meal. Top an omelet with kimchi or make a breakfast taco with scrambled tofu and kimchi. (You won’t be sorry when adding kimchi to your diet..these spicy, fermented veggies are considered by some to be one of the five healthiest foods in the world!)
- Go Greek. The combo of protein and carbs in Greek yogurt is a perfect way to jumpstart your day. Sprinkle yogurt with granola for a bit of crunch.
- Serve it with sauerkraut. Top sandwiches and quesadillas with this tangy condiment.
- Look for “living sauerkraut” that’s refrigerated to get the probiotics that are otherwise destroyed by heating the kraut.
- Try tempeh. Top a leafy green salad with sautéed tempeh, or swap tempeh for meat on a sandwich.
- Opt for fermented condiments. You can make (and sometimes buy) fermented ketchup, hummus, salsa and more.
- Make it with miso. Add miso to sauces, soups or stews.
- Top salad with fermented dressing. Make your favorite creamy salad dressing, such as ranch or honey mustard, with kefir.
- ‘Treat yourself. Enjoy a creamy frozen kefir dessert.
- Take fermented greens on the go. Add a serving of a powdered, fermented greens supplement to water or juice or make a smoothie or smoothie bowl.
- Swap fermented drinks for sodas. Quench thirst with kombucha, water kefir or fermented coconut water.