This is the perfect time of year to be roasting veggies! And doing so doesn’t only have to be a dinner-time occasion. Make it a breakfast thing, too! In this Fall Harvest Hash, you’ll roast up Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes before adding in sautéed celery, onions, and hash browns. Finish it off with some lovely cooked beets and you’ll have a beautiful, jewel-toned breakfast dish perfect for autumn. Better still, this tasty meal is suitable for a number of diet preferences as its naturally gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan!
Total time: 45 min
- 16 ounces frozen hash browns
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 4 ribs celery, diced
- 8 Brussels sprouts, stemmed and halved
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 2 small cooked beets, chopped
- 4 tablespoons sunflower oil, divided
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts on a baking sheet and drizzle on two tablespoons of oil, toss and roast for 20 minutes or until desired doneness.
- Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick skillet over high heat. Add remaining oil and sauté onions and celery for two minutes. Add hash browns and toss to coat with oil, adding more as needed. Spread hash browns into an even layer and allow the bottom to cook undisturbed until well browned. With a spatula, turn hash browns over and repeat.
- Fold in roasted vegetables, beets, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve promptly.