Make the most of strawberry season with this Easy Summer Trifle! By layering ripe berries (or your favorite summer fruit), poundcake, and lightly sweetened whipped cream, you create a stunning dessert centerpiece that can be made ahead of time. To make this recipe dairy-free, choose a vegan poundcake and make the whipped cream with coconut cream. Whichever whipped cream you make, be sure the ingredients are well-chilled before whipping! Garnish with mint and powdered sugar for an elegant summertime treat.
Total time: 30 min
- 1 cup whipping cream, well chilled
- 1 tablespoon cane sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces strawberries, cored and sliced
- Store-bought pound cake, sliced
- Mint, optional
- Powdered sugar, optional
Substitute cream for coconut cream or the top thickened cream from coconut milk to make dairy-free/vegan. Thoroughly chill coconut cream before whipping for best results.
- Prepare the whipped cream by whisking together cream, sugar, and vanilla extract until soft peaks form.
- Cut cake slices to fit into serving vessel.
- To assemble trifle, layer cake, whipped cream, and strawberries to fit serving dish. Garnish with mint and powdered sugar if desired.