Crispy mushrooms and a complex, rich sauce come together to re-imagine a classic dish. Lighter than traditional carbonara recipes, but with plenty of protein to keep you satisfied. This is a smarter way to pasta.
30 MIN· SERVES 4 ·VEGAN· GLUTEN-FREE
- 1 box Explore Cuisine Organic Black Bean Spaghetti
- 7 ounces silken tofu, drained
- 1 tablespoon white miso
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 dash smoked paprika
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup white wine
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ cup olive oil, divided
- ½ pound oyster mushrooms
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash fresh ground black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Reserve ¼ cup of pasta water for later.
- To a blender, add tofu, white miso, red pepper flakes, smoked paprika, water, white wine, nutritional yeast, and lemon juice. Blend until smooth. While blender is running, add ¼ cup olive oil, season with salt and pepper.
- To a large saute pan over high heat, add remaining ¼ cup olive oil and mushrooms, cook until golden and crispy, about six minutes. Remove to a paper towel lined plate.
- Add creamy sauce to pan, add cooked pasta and ¼ cup reserved pasta water to get the right consistency. Serve and garnish with crispy mushrooms.