While you may be missing the ease of a carton of store-bought nog, once you see how easy it is to make it yourself, you may never go back. Making your own means you can customize it to your tastes, preferences, and dietary restrictions! This coconut cashew nog is dairy-free and egg-free, which makes it an excellent option for the vegans in your life. The hardest part of this recipe is waiting for the cashews to soften with an eight-hour soak. In other words, with a little planning, it’s a snap. Cheers!
Total Time: 8 hours, Active Time: 20 minutes
Vegan, Grain-Free, Gluten-Free
- 1 1/3 cups untoasted cashews, soaked overnight
- 1 quart coconut milk from a carton
- 1/3 cup cane sugar
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Freshly grated nutmeg, optional
- Place all ingredients in a blender and run until mixture is very smooth and frothy.
- Place eggnog in a serving pitcher and chill for an hour before serving.
- Pour into serving glasses and grate nutmeg on top.
Optional: add 1 ounce of bourbon or brandy per serving glass