- GLUTEN-FREE, GRAIN-FREE
- 55 MIN, PLUS 3-5 HOURS CHILLING TIME
- SERVES 6-8
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup cane sugar
- 6 tablespoons plant-based butter, melted
- 1 14-ounce can coconut milk
- 6 tablespoons cane sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 ounce semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 ounce semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon neutral oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine almond flour, cocoa powder, and sugar in a bowl. Pour in melted butter and mix until fully incorporated.
- Place mixture in a lightly greased 7-8” tart pan and press to form a crust. Prick the crust with a fork and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, whisk egg yolks and sugar until blended. Then whisk in coconut milk. Heat mixture over medium-low heat until thickened, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add in chocolate; stir until melted. Pass the chocolate custard through a fine mesh sieve and set aside to cool slightly, covered with plastic film.
- When filling has cooled, pour into crust and smooth the top. Refrigerate until set, approximately 3-4 hours.
- To complete the tart, dust with cocoa powder. Melt chocolate and oil in a double boiler, then drizzle over tart. Chill for an hour before serving.