We are loving this twist on a classic recipe, Monkey Bread! Replace biscuits with cinnamon rolls and you have a whole new flavor dimension. This recipe combines apples, spices, and sweet cinnamon rolls to create a warm and beautiful dish you can serve to your family and guests!
- 2 large or 3 small apples
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 packages Immaculate Baking Cinnamon Roll dough
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- Add apples, lemon juice and water to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer and cover. Simmer for 10 minutes and then remove the top. Continue to simmer and mash with a fork until water has evaporated and apples are mashed (about 5 more minutes). Add brown sugar, butter, and a sprinkle of cinnamon and nutmeg and continue cooking over low heat until butter has completely melted. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a bundt pan with cooking spray. Open cinnamon rolls according to package instructions. Cut each roll into 6 pieces.
- Combine granulated sugar, the rest of the cinnamon and nutmeg in a plastic bag. Toss cinnamon pieces into the bag with sugar until evenly coated (you may need to do in 2 batches).
- Add half of the cinnamon rolls to the bundt pan. Pour half of the apple compote mixture over the cinnamon roll pieces. Add the remaining cinnamon roll pieces and another layer of apple compote on top.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until top pieces are nicely browned and center feels set. (You may want to place a cookie sheet on the lower oven rack in case there is any spill-over while baking.) Cool for 5 minutes and then invert on to a serving plate. Drizzle with icing and enjoy!