With BBQ chicken, there is no need to complicate things. We suggest chicken legs for this recipe, which will feature drumsticks and thighs for a juicy, flavorful dish. Basting the chicken near the end of cooking time ensures great flavor without burning the sugars in the sauce. Use your favorite prepared barbecue sauce to make this a weeknight friendly meal. There’s no need to wait until the weekend to fire up the grill. And with this simple summer staple, you’ll surely be the grill master!
Dietary: Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free
Total time: 30-40 min
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 chicken legs
- ¾ cup barbecue sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Heat an outdoor grill to high heat (450 F).
- Brush chicken with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken on the heated grill. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until chicken easily comes off the grates. Flip the chicken and continue to cook for another 5 minutes.
- Baste chicken with barbeque sauce, flipping every 2 minutes and basting again. Continue basting and flipping the chicken until the internal temperature reaches 165 F.
- Remove chicken from grill and allow to rest on a clean plate for 5 minutes before serving.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place chicken on tray.
- Coat chicken with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake chicken for 15 minutes, then start to baste with barbeque sauce every 5-10 minutes thereafter. Continue to cook chicken until the internal temperature reaches 165 F.
- Remove chicken from oven and allow to rest on a clean plate for 5 minutes before serving.