A hot breakfast that you can pull together before coffee? Sounds like a winner on chilly winter mornings. Chopped pears add a burst of seasonal fruit sweetness.
1 HR · SERVES 8 • VEGETARIAN
- 2 cups Bob’s Red Mill® Organic Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 cups water, milk, pear juice, or apple juice
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla Extract
- 2 cups chopped fresh pears, about 2 whole
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 9 x 9 inch baking dish and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine rolled oats, baking powder, salt and spices. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together liquid, eggs, brown sugar, butter, and vanilla extract. Add oat mixture to the wet ingredients and mix to combine. Fold in chopped pears.
- Transfer mixture to the prepared baking dish and bake until set, 40-50 minutes. Let cool about 5 minutes before serving.