5 MIN · GLUTEN-FREE · VEGETARIAN
Originally calling for buttermilk, this tangy dressing substitutes Redwood Hill Farm’s plain kefir in this ranch dressing recipe. Nutrient-dense avocados lend a velvety texture and vibrant hue to the dressing. It can be used as a dip for raw vegetables, tortilla chips, or over salad greens!
- ¾ cup Redwood Hill Farm plain kefir
- ½ avocado
- 2-3 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or white vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh herbs (like chives, parsley, tarragon, or dill)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- A few dashes of your favorite hot sauce, optional
- Combine all ingredients in a small food processor or blender.
- Blend for 30 seconds-one minute or until smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and fresh black pepper.