Switch things up in the kitchen and try these Avocado Fries. They’re the perfect combo of creamy and crunchy! Enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce for a snack that satisfies.
Total Time: 30 Min
- 2 large avocados (ripe but still firm), peeled and sliced
- 1 box Simple Mills Almond Flour Sea Salt Crackers
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ cup brown rice flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup unsweetened plant-based milk
- Chopped cilantro, optional
- Preheat oven to 450°F, line a baking sheet with foil and brush it with avocado oil. Set aside.
- Add Simple Mills crackers to a food processor and pulse until you get a fine texture with some medium-sized chunks (those will make the breading extra crunchy). Transfer to a medium bowl along with chili powder and smoked paprika. Toss to combine.
- Add brown rice flour, salt, onion powder, garlic powder and pepper into another medium sized bowl. Add milk and whisk to combine.
- Dip a slice of avocado first into the milk mixture and then into the bowl with the crushed crackers. Then, lay it on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the rest of the slices.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Then flip slices and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, transfer onto a serving plate, garnish with chopped cilantro and enjoy immediately as is or with your favorite dipping sauce.