This noodle bowl features a classic peanut dressing and pasta made from chickpeas! Chickapea is more than just pasta, it’s an excellent source of plant-based protein. Add your favorite veggies and this complete meal is a no brainer!
Total time: 25 minutes
- 1 package Chickapea Spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 cup baby carrots, julienned
- 1 cup snap peas, julienned
- 2 teaspoons white sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- 3 tablespoons crunchy natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free tamari
- 1 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
- 2 cups edamame beans, cooked and shelled
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Prepare Chickapea Spaghetti: Bring four liters of salted water to a boil. Add pasta; decrease heat to maintain a gentle boil. Stir and cook pasta for six to eight minutes or until desired consistency is reached.
- While the pasta is cooking, mix together the peanut dressing ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Add sesame oil to a non-stick frying pan and warm over medium heat. Add the carrots, snap peas, sesame seeds, ginger, and garlic to the frying pan. Cook the mixture in the frying pan for ten minutes keeping it moving to avoid burning.
- Drain pasta and add to frying pan.
- Pour the peanut sauce over the contents of the pan and mix well, cooking for an additional one to two minutes.
- Divide the pasta between two bowls and top with edamame, avocado, and lime wedges.